There are NO rules to be part of our kapaMEALya group. You don’t have to be Filipino. You don’t have to be a foodie, gourmand, chef, etc. Just come with an open mind and empty stomach! We will feed you!
However, there are rules to follow to attend the events. Please read the following.
kapaMEALya Reservation Rules
First thing’s first: visit our Events Page for upcoming events you can buy tickets for.
RSVPing on with Credit Card/Eventbrite (the best way to do things):
1) If you wish to pay with your credit card, please do so PRIOR to the event on the assigned ticket hosting site. We usually use Eventbrite, but check the events page to be sure.
2) You will receive an email confirmation/ticket from the site once the credit card transaction is processed. Please print this and bring it to the event.
RSVPing with Cash Payment:
You may pay at the venue ONLY if the event summary indicates it. If it does, you may do the following:
1) Contact us and provide your name, phone number, and # of guests in your party including yourself.
2) Wait for an email from one of our team members confirming your reservation. Please bring your email confirmation AND exact amount to the event as our cashier may not have change.
RSVPing on Facebook:
1) If you come across our event on Facebook, you may RSVP there; however, doing so WILL NOT guarantee you a seat at dinner UNLESS you:
a. RSVP’ed YES on Facebook AND bought your ticket on Eventbrite (see RSVPing with credit card section above)
b. RSVP’ed YES on Facebook AND made prior arrangements with a kapaMEALya team member and was given a confirmation email (see RSVPing with Cash Payment above)
If you did not receive a confirmation from us or Eventbrite 3 hours prior to the event time, you will not be on the list. Contact us ASAP. You can come to the venue ticketless, but a seat will not be guaranteed and you will be asked to come to the next one. That’s embarrassing. Don’t do it.
At this time, we will not honor cancellations unless made 48 hours prior to the event. Because these dinners are special, the chef may create a meal that has dishes that are not on the regular menu. They might have to make special purchases for the meal and we would like the most accurate headcount so they know exactly what to make and for how many. These reservations are transferable, so if you can pass it on to a friend, that would be great. If you do choose to pass the ticket on, let a team member know.
Substitutions & Dietary Restrictions:
Please contact kapaMEALya if you are on a special diet or have an allergy to a certain food prior to purchasing your ticket. We will contact you whether or not the menu is appropriate for you. Sometimes the chef likes to keep the menu a surprise until it’s showtime, but we will inquire with the chef to be sure. It would be a shame for you to shell out $40 for a meat-filled dinner when you had an emotional connection to your pet calf that was unfortunately made into a veal chop. Seriously, if you have any allergies to shellfish, nuts, etc., please let us know. We don’t want to jeopardize your health. On the same token, please do not come to the dinner expecting to alter the chef’s menu. As mentioned in the section above, the chef may have created a special menu and making substitutions may slow down the kitchen. Contact us if you have any health related concerns.
If you are just plain picky and you are using an “allergy excuse” to get what you want, do us a favor and please refer to section 6 under “Dining Do’s and Don’ts.”